Free Case
Call Us 24/7!

Call Now

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Real Estate

How Can We Help?

Get In Touch With Us Today!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Land Partitions

Reliable Counsel from a Houston Real Estate Lawyer

A land partition is the legal method to divide property which is jointly owned by more than one person. Certain situations develop which may call for the division of land, and it is often easiest to go through the process of land partition rather than trying to informally decide how to use the land. If you are in a situation where you believe your land will need to be divided and you want to make certain you are not shorted or treated unjustly, contact a Beaumont real estate attorney from Malley Law Firm, PLLC today.

When you come to my firm for assistance, I can help you with:

  • Frequently asked questions about land partitions
  • Understanding statutes and procedures
  • Separating your undivided land interest
  • Your rights as a joint owner

Get Help with the Land Partition Process in Texas from Start to Finish

Through land partition, parcels of land which are co-owned are divided into distinct portions. The end result is to transition property from co-ownership to sole ownership without completely excluding a party. This process can even be used to fairly divide large pieces of communal property that are up for dispute in a divorce.

There are four common forms of land partitions:

  • Voluntary partitions: Co-owners divide the property among themselves by exchanging deeds with the help of a property law attorney
  • Judicial partitions: One owner files a lawsuit against the other who does not agree with the guidelines of the partition. A judge will have to decide how to fairly divide the land.
  • Partition in kind: Involve a piece of property that is easily divided, either through agreements or the physical lay of the land
  • Partition by sale: Selling the land as a whole and dividing the proceed among the owners

If you are looking to partition any jointly owned parcel of land, do not hesitate to reach out to a real estate lawyer at the Malley Law Firm, PLLC. My firm has handled many land partition cases and understands that sometimes joint ownership is not the option that benefits you most. My genuine goal is to ensure that you are able to feel comfortable with the resolution of your case and that your best interests are always kept in clear focus.

Contact my Houston office today for your free initial consultation.


Schedule a Consultation

Get In Touch With Us Today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Timing is critical. Get answers Immediately.

Submit the form below - we'll contact you back instantly, for free.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Please wait...
Send a message

Sorry, we aren't online at the moment. Leave a message.

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
Login now

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online.

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
We're online!

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?